Thursday, October 30, 2008

At least it's not a loss

Well, Iris was weighed yesterday. She was up to 15 lbs 15 oz. Which means that she gained 2 1/2 ounces. It isn't much, but I guess it is better than losing. This is even with me mixing her formula thicker, so there are more calories. I hope she starts gaining a little better. She is 8 months old now. Can you believe that? 8 months! Seems like she was just born and going through her OHS (open heart surgery.)

Anyway, when the nurse was weighing her and checking her oxygen yesterday, she looked at her gtube site. Noticed that there is scar tissue under there and it looks tender. I knew this as just this week, the site started looking prett red and tender, so I knew she would mention it to me. So, I called the family doctor to have him take a look at it. We have an appointment for that tomorrow at 2 pm. I am going to give her some tylenol or something before we go, as they may have to cauterize the area to stop the scar tissue from forming. Poor little girl.

And, last but not least. Tomorrow is Halloween. YAY. Lowden decided out of the blue, that he wants to be Optimus Prime from The Transformers. So we have his costume. I need to get something for Iris yet. I know, bad mom :( But I am going to get something today for her...I hope. I will get pics of the kids in their costumes up here in the next couple of days.

Love You All,

Anna & The Kings

No comments: