Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Doesn't sit well

Well. Iris was weighed today. She only gained 1/2 oz in a full week. It is not sitting well with me at all. So, I AM going to get a second opinion on her diaphragm. I am just sick about this. We are even mixing her formula thicker, with more calories. I can only imagine what her weight would be if we weren't mixing it with more calories. Not good. She has a physical therapy appointment tomorrow, but not occupational therapy, because her therapist is gone until Monday. But, I am going to leave her a note to call me as soon as she can. She has some contacts in Chicago and I think it is time to get other opinions.

Iris also got her first synergist shot today. It is to prevent her from getting RSV during the winter season. It is a series of 6, with her last one in March. I think this is a great thing for her to get, especially with her cardiac issues.

I promise to update on any opinions I am able to get.

Lowden cracks me up. I know I have a lot to worry about when he starts driving. I know, I know. I am thinking way far ahead. But, I work in the insurance industry, I can't help it. So, on our way to the daycare this morning, I am doing the speed limit, rare, I know. There was a truck in front of me, so I really couldn't go much faster, but I did not think we were going slow anyway. Lowden tells me to "go faster." I told him I can't, there is a truck in front of us. He keeps saying it, man, I KNOW I am in trouble. I think I may have to make him get a job and make him pay his OWN insurance premium when he turns 16.....he isn't even 4 yet. I know. Close enough to it, but still. It was quite comical, I must say.

Oh, I became a Great Aunt today. YAY. But, it is weird! Congrats to Ashley and welcome Caden!!!

No comments: