Wednesday, December 3, 2008

LESS Truly Is More!

It is a bit ironic how we figure out new things that work for Iris. Take for instance, this last Sunday. I am the one who wakes up with the kids, everyday. But, Jesse got up with them on Sunday, as I had not been getting very much sleep at all the last two weeks. Lowden had been sick, with a cold and a cough, and he was waking up a couple times at night, and Iris was waking up in the middle of the night as well. She would gag on her own saliva and throw up. Anyway, I had told Jesse that we were going back to using Nutramigen for formula, instead of the Neocate, as she holds it down better. I did not tell him that we are using up the old stuff first. There were two scoops of Nutramigen left in the can, so he used that, with only 4 ounces of water. Low and behold, Iris did NOT throw ANY of it up. (Cue the angelic choir) Iris did not throw up at all that day. So, we have been following this regimen for her, and she is soooooo much happier. I cannot even explain. She is like a different baby. And, much to my GREAT pleasure, she is saying "mama" now. More like "mamamamamamamamama....." but completely adorable!

Tomorrow we go and see a new doctor here in Cedar Rapids. He is a pediatric gastroenterologist. I am excited to meet with him and have already started making a list of questions for him. I am hoping he will decide to run some tests on Iris, but who knows. As much as I dislike putting her through the stress of tests, it needs to be done so we can rule things out, or get closer to an answer for her, if there is one. Tomorrow we also see the occupational and physical therapists. They will be happy about Iris not throwing up as much, and I am going to talk to them about some oral cues she has been doing to see what they think. I gave Iris a cracker last night, she put it in her mouth a couple of times, and scraped it on her two bottom teeth once, but didn't show much more eating interest in it than that. But that is alright, at least she didn't gag from the taste of it in her mouth.

Ahhh, so Lowden's 4th Birthday is coming up. On the 20th to be exact. And, we are going to have a birthday party for him. I am excited for him. It should be fun, as long as the weather cooperates and all our family is able to make it to our house. We shall see! I can't believe my baby boy is going to be 4 already!!! Time truly does fly!

Oh, and Jesse is building me a walk-in closet (my hideout) for Christmas. He has the walls up and the insulation in and it is mostly drywalled. He made great progress on it in just one day. I am so excited for it! What a handyman!

I promise to update you all on the appointments tomorrow, but it may be the weekend by the time I get around to it.

Much Love,

Anna & The Kings

No comments: